Saturday, March 3, 2012

Decisions, Decisions


Brooke and I work our in the morning using Just Dance on the Wii.  When we moved into our new apartment, we had no room for the TV.  My ex-roommates kept it for us until we has everything organized and a space to place it in.  Finally, in the second week of our marriage, everything was in place.  We even scavenged an entertainment center someone had put out by the dumpster. 

The TV fit perfectly, with one exception.  It wouldn’t turn on.  We checked to make sure it was plugged into an outlet with power and it still did not work.  We have friends living across the way form us and when I told him that I could not get the TV working, he said, “I’ll be right over.”  I guess I should have told him that I had run all the tests he was running because he did everything I had done to the same effect.  The TV still did not turn on.  Finally, he looked at me and said, “You need a new one.  I’ll go to Cosco with you, we can go man shopping!”  Pausing her added with a wink and a whisper, “Don’t tell Brooke, what she doesn’t know can’t hurt you.”  She heard that.

Anyways, my friend, his wife, Brooke and I all ended up at Cosco today to look at TVs.  I told Brooke that we would not necessarily be buying one today but lets face it, no one likes having to go out and shop again for something right in front of you.  I had a hard time picking something out.

The guys will appreciate my dilemma.  For 180 dollars I could get a 1080p 24 inch flat-screen.  It is small but the definition is excellent or we could get a 32 inch flat-screen 780p for 260 dollars.  The size makes a difference if you are watching with subtitles or if there is something small on the TV.  I ran and looked at one, then the other.   I put the 24 inch in the cart.  I kept looking around at the other TVs.  I compared the hook-up system in the back.  I debated with Brooke and my friend.  Finally Brooke and I made the decision: I put the 24 inch back on the shelf, wincing with pain, 1080p – I picked up the 32 inch and gently placed it in the cart, feeling better as I looked at the size. 

Now – for the rest of the groceries…

No comments:

Post a Comment